[comp.unix.xenix] SCO XENIX MAIL

sccm@tcistl2.UUCP (Mason) (03/28/89)

Can anyone shed a little light on how to direct output from sco's xenix
mail to any printer other than the "default" printer ?

This is probably a real "neophyte's question", but I can't seem to find
a suitable solution...

Thanks for e-mail responses...

Stephen Comfort-Mason
uunet!tcistl2!sccm

tif@cpe.UUCP (03/28/89)

Written  8:12 pm  Mar 27, 1989 by tcistl2.UUCP!sccm in cpe:comp.unix.xenix
>Can anyone shed a little light on how to direct output from sco's xenix
>mail to any printer other than the "default" printer ?

One way would be to set the environment variable LPDEST before entering mail.

			Paul Chamberlain
			Computer Product Engineering, Tandy Corp.
			{killer | texbell}!cpe!tif

davidsen@steinmetz.ge.com (Wm. E. Davidsen Jr) (03/29/89)

In article <322@tcistl2.UUCP> sccm@tcistl2.UUCP (Mason) writes:
| Can anyone shed a little light on how to direct output from sco's xenix
| mail to any printer other than the "default" printer ?

  Run a decent mailer like mush.

  I'm not be a smart-ass, it's just much easier to run a smart mail
program than to fight with the standard mail.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu@crd.GE.COM)