[comp.unix.xenix] uucico problems

frr@altger.UUCP (Francesco Rossi) (03/13/88)

Hello worldnet,
I think in 200 machines surely someone can help me ...
I am running Xenix on an XT machine (NEC V20)
I ve got problems with the UUCICO program
it doesn't send any message, and it doesn't receive any message
Into the file /usr/spool/uucp/LOGFILE i found

----     ('C' got FAIL)
and when I run uucico -saltger -r1 -x9
it gives back these errors :

	  bad header 177655, h->cntl 177611
	  ccntl-> 45

this error many times ...
Is there someone can help me ?
Thanks
			 Francesco

andrew@stl.stc.co.uk (Andrew Macpherson) (03/27/89)

Speaking of SCO uucico, have I flipped, or does it *really* not support
either \s or \020 to embed spaces?  (or do PEVEN/PODD in the script?)

Mind you I havn;t tried to configure a SysV uucico either, so the brain-
damage may be consistant...
Andrew Macpherson         | God bless the King! --- I mean the Faith's Defender
PSI%234237100122::andrew  | God bless (no harm in blessing) the Pretender!
andrew@stl.stc.co.uk      | But who Pretender is, or who the King, ---
..mcvax!ukc!stl!andrew   | God bless us all!  That's quite another thing.

bill@bilver.UUCP (bill vermillion) (04/02/89)

In article <1276@acer.stl.stc.co.uk> "Andrew Macpherson" <andrew@stl.stc.co.uk> writes:
>Speaking of SCO uucico, have I flipped, or does it *really* not support
>either \s or \020 to embed spaces?  (or do PEVEN/PODD in the script?)
              ^^^^
Isn't the convention that a leading zero implies octal.  Therefore \020 would
be 10 hex or lf.  \040 should be space

--
Bill Vermillion - UUCP: {uiucuxc,hoptoad,petsd}!peora!rtmvax!bilver!bill
                      : bill@bilver.UUCP