[comp.unix.xenix] Xenix/uucp/cron problem

allan@dhw68k.cts.com (Alan Perry) (05/02/89)

I am running Xenix 2.0.4 on my machine and I am having a problem
convincing cron to start uucico for me.  Until last week I have never
touched Xenix before (and cron was already set up on the previous
machine I was running), so the answer might be obvious.

I have set up a cron entry for uucp to start uucico at particular times.
When those particular times arrive, cron sends mail to uucp stating:

     sh:  L-devices: cannot execute

or something similar.  The cron entry looks like:

     30 12 * * * * /usr/lib/uucp/uucico -r1 -s<site>

or something similar.

What am I doing wrong?

Please respond to me directly as I don't usually read this ng.  Thanks.

--
alan perry     Dumb mailer: {trwrb,hplabs}!felix!dhw68k!allan
               Smart mailer: allan@dhw68k.cts.com

daveh@marob.MASA.COM (Dave Hammond) (05/06/89)

In article <22626@dhw68k.cts.com> allan@dhw68k.cts.com (Alan Perry) writes:
>I have set up a cron entry for uucp to start uucico at particular times.
>When those particular times arrive, cron sends mail to uucp stating:
>     sh:  L-devices: cannot execute
>or something similar.  The cron entry looks like:
>     30 12 * * * * /usr/lib/uucp/uucico -r1 -s<site>
>or something similar.

If the something similar also has 6 fields before the command-to-execute,
then it, too, is wrong.  The crontab entry should contain _5_ fields
(minute, hour, date, month, weekday) and the command-to-execute.

>Please respond to me directly as I don't usually read this ng.  Thanks.

Oops.

--
Dave Hammond
daveh@marob.masa.com