[comp.unix.xenix] Xenix <--> Novelle

glenn@extro.ucc.su.oz (G. Geers [ext 3241]) (05/24/89)

>In comp.unix.xenix (extro:3839) David (dfm@sagepub.UUCP) writes:
>I have a Novell network (286) in the office with about 15
>terminals.  It's ethernet.  I also have a Xenix 2.3.1 386
>machine on my desk.  Is there a way I can connect my xenix
>machine to the Novell network?  I'd like to be able to act
>like a node on the network.  Also, I'd like anyone on the
>network to be able to log into the xenix machine.  Could
>anyone who knows how to do this, or who can point me to
>a vendor, please email me info?  Thanks very much!

I will have the same problem when out 286's and 386's arrive. I will not
be running Xenix but Bell Technologies Unix System V/386.
I am led to beleive that VP/ix will support Novelle networks (this from
Sun Microsystems in Sydney) and I was wondering the same thing as David:
Has anyone actually done this ? I don't really care about logins. The powers
that be just want mail facilities (for the moment !).

I'm a grad student who has been roped in to network the machines together
so I don't really want to spend that much time on it !

Please, if anyone has done this thing and has mailed David could they also
mail me or post to the net as I think other people would possibly be
interested.

		Thanks in advance
				Glenn

glenn@extro.ucc.su.oz