[comp.unix.xenix] Drivers for Computone AT-8 needed

tony@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Tony Holden) (05/31/89)

Help folks,

I've had no response to my previous posting, this is the second try.

I need some a set of drivers for a Computone ATX-8 or Advantage 8 or
whatever it's called.  It's the Computone board, not the Intelliport
board.

I have a client that has lost their driver disk and we're getting
ready to upgrade to 2.3.  Computone  will upgrade the board only, no
getting old drivers.  $150 and send them the board, now that's a joke.

What I need is 3.02.1 drivers.  The firmware is 2.45.  For SCO 386.

BTW, if anyone has made the jump to 2.3 with old drivers please mail
me any tips you might have.

Thanks,

Tony Holden					"My wife likes it
tony@killer.dallas.tx.us			long and straight"
(817) 268-6707					heard at the golf course.

clewis@eci386.uucp (Chris Lewis) (06/09/89)

In article <8236@killer.DALLAS.TX.US> tony@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Tony Holden) writes:
>I need some a set of drivers for a Computone ATX-8 or Advantage 8 or
>whatever it's called.

I've never understood which was which either.

>BTW, if anyone has made the jump to 2.3 with old drivers please mail
>me any tips you might have.

Older computone drivers do *not* work with VP/IX with 2.3.1 (at least on
Compaq's they don't).  Nor am I completely convinced that they'll work
perfectly without VP/ix.  I suspect strongly that Computone insists that
you update the board because their new drivers won't work otherwise.
The update consists of changing the board to use bigger RAMS I think.
--
Chris Lewis, R.H. Lathwell & Associates: Elegant Communications Inc.
UUCP: {uunet!mnetor, utcsri!utzoo}!lsuc!eci386!clewis