[comp.unix.xenix] CU & login-scripts

lance@lancelot.UUCP (Lancelot of Caid) (07/01/89)

Hi,
   I have SCO Xenix 2.3.1 and HDB UUCP. I was wondering if there is a
way to have cu use a Expect-Send script like uucico does? I have
the Systems file split into seperate files (Systeme.cico, Systems.cu)
so there will be no problems of conflicts.

Any ideas, comments, etc?

Thanks,
Lance Ellinghouse

--
Lance Ellinghouse (A.K.A Lancelot of Caid)
"Life is a game of Chess, some are Kings, some Queens, some pawns, and

In article <294@lancelot.UUCP> lance@lancelot.UUCP (Lancelot of Caid) writes:
>Hi,
>   I have SCO Xenix 2.3.1 and HDB UUCP. I was wondering if there is a
>way to have cu use a Expect-Send script like uucico does? I have
>the Systems file split into seperate files (Systeme.cico, Systems.cu)
>so there will be no problems of conflicts.
>
>Any ideas, comments, etc?

First you might want to look at kermit, which has a login script
facility.
However, if you don't come up with anything better, you can add
a login (or whatever) script to your Dialer entry by extending the
dialing script (calling it a different name, of course).  Then you
make a Systems file entry that uses the "modem class" field to
tie it to one or more entries in your Devices file where you specify
the tty line(s), the new modem class and the new dialer script.
You can have multiple entries for each tty line, so this will not
affect other usage.  The annoying thing is that you have to make
separate entries for each tty line that might be used and make multiple
entries if the modems on different lines require different scripts.
I've used this technique to connect through dial-up packet networks
so I can dig up an example it this description is not clear enough.

Les Mikesell