[comp.unix.xenix] problesm with SCo Xenix Dos Utilities

paterra@cs.odu.edu (Frank C. Paterra) (07/12/89)

I have a problem with the dos utilities that come with sco xenix.
They used to work ok, but now after a user uses one (like dosdir,
doscp, etc.) the next user to try to access the floppy drive gets a
message saying

/tmp/00517: Permission denied
Can't sieze /dev/fd148

Or something very similar.  I called SCO and they said that are no
known problems with the dos utilities.  They had me remove the link kit
and reinstall the utilities, but the problem did not go away.  Can
anyone out there in net.land help?

Frank Paterra
paterra@cs.odu.edu

eli@robechq.UUCP ( Robec Horsham PM) (07/12/89)

In article <9469@xanth.cs.odu.edu> paterra@cs.odu.edu (Frank C. Paterra) writes:

>I have a problem with the dos utilities that come with sco xenix.
>They used to work ok, but now after a user uses one (like dosdir,
>doscp, etc.) the next user to try to access the floppy drive gets a
>message saying
>
>/tmp/00517: Permission denied
>Can't sieze /dev/fd148

Did you install something recently that might have changed
the permissions or ownership of the /tmp directory?
Check it.  "ls -ld /tmp"