[comp.unix.xenix] looking for patch to uucico to get bytes/sec right

nick@aimed.UUCP (Nick Pemberton) (07/07/89)

Subject says it all... a while back somebody posted a patch to Xenix's
uucico that made it measure transmission rates properly - would some kind
soul mail that to me please?

(xenix 386 2.3)

Ta.

Nick
--
Nick Pemberton  		 uucp: !{lsuc, uunet!mnetor}!aimed!nick
AIM, Inc			  bus: (416) 429-1085

jpr@dasys1.UUCP (Jean-Pierre Radley) (07/15/89)

In article <7476@aimed.UUCP> nick@aimed.UUCP (Nick Pemberton) writes:
>Subject says it all... a while back somebody posted a patch to Xenix's
>uucico that made it measure transmission rates properly - would some kind
>soul mail that to me please?
>(xenix 386 2.3)

A few months ago, doing uucp back and forth with a friend running 2.3,
while I had 2.2.4, we noticed that my xferstats showed times that were
half of what his xferstats showed. Mine were right.  Since then I've been
running 2.3GT, and the timings to/from assorted systems (not this same
friend, though) seem to be OK.

What's been going on?

--
Jean-Pierre Radley		CIS: 72160,1341		jpr@jpradley.UUCP