[comp.unix.xenix] Mylex 25 Mhz motherboard vs. SCO

krvw@sei.cmu.edu (Kenneth Van Wyk) (08/09/89)

I've heard reports that the Mylex 25 Mhz motherboard doesn't work with
"XENIX".  Does anyone know if this is actually the case and, if so,
which revision(s) motherboard did it have problems with?  Also, is
this specifically SCO Xenix, and which version(s)?

Ken van Wyk

macy@fmsystm.UUCP (Macy Hallock) (08/15/89)

In article <3789@fy.sei.cmu.edu> krvw@sei.cmu.edu (Kenneth Van Wyk) writes:

>I've heard reports that the Mylex 25 Mhz motherboard doesn't work with
>"XENIX".

We are currently running a medium size Public Access UN*X system with
SCO 2.3.1 Xenix using both ST-506 and ESDI Adaptec controllers and 4mb.
of memory with no problems on a Mylex 25mhz motherboard.  Contact
rhg@Ncoast.ORG  or  hal!nc386!rhg for details on revisions, etc.

       Macy Hallock               fmsystm!macy@NCoast.ORG
       F M Systems, Inc.          hal!ncoast!fmsystm!macy
       150 Highland Dr.           uunet!hal.cwru.edu!ncoast!fmsystm!macy
       Medina, OH 44256           Voice: 216-723-3000 X251
       Disclaimer:                My advice is worth what you paid for it.
       Alt.disclaimer:            Your milage may vary.
       Biz.disclaimer:            My opinions are my own. What do I know?