[net.news.group] Net.wobegon is being officially destroyed

jj@alice.UUCP (08/20/86)

Bulletin:  Shy people thrown bodily off of USENET!

Effective whenever the netgods decide to implement
the "new USENET" structure, net.wobegon is officially
and forever destroyed.  Furthermore, unlike almost all
other newsgroups, net.wobegon is NOT being replaced.

We're supposed to move into "rec.music.misc" along with
the discussions on the "residents" and Gilels.

The fact of this wanton destruction of shy person's property
was stated in an "after the fact" manner, i.e. it was
said "this is what will be, there's no appeal, we don't give
a goddamn, and we didn't ask for your opinion anyhow."

For places to send your shy protests, see net.news.group for
the last week.
--
TEDDY BEARS UNITE!  SAVE YOUR FUR TODAY!
"Hear the Tolling of the Bells, Iron Bells"

rfg@hound.UUCP (R.GRANTGES) (08/21/86)

[]
Say, jj, do us shy persons have any alternatives? real alternatives?

For example, some shy persons must know an awful lot about usenet.
Maybe almost as much as the young stormtroopers who are telling
everyone what they will and will not read in the future, but are
apparently unable to make their existing network work properly.

--

"It's the thought, if any, that counts!"  Dick Grantges  hound!rfg

rjh@calmasd.CALMA.UUCP (Bob Hofkin) (08/22/86)

In article <5968@alice.uUCp> jj@alice.UUCP writes:

>We're supposed to move into "rec.music.misc" along with
>the discussions on the "residents" and Gilels.

I thought it was "rec.arts.misc" -- which makes more sense, anyway.
Perhaps we should lobby for "rec.arts.radio"??