[comp.unix.xenix] Wavemate 386 boards

davidsen@sixhub.UUCP (08/14/89)

Has anyone use the Wavemate 386 boards, particularly for UNIX or Xenix?
I am interested in building a few 386's, and just saw their ad. Wavemate
is an old company which has been making some nice stuff for many years
now, and the motherboard has a five year warantee. Obviously that means
more from a compnay which has been making circuit boards for ten years
than most of the people selling 386 boards.

root@.UUCP (Larry Snyder) (08/15/89)

In article <2@sixhub.UUCP>, davidsen@sixhub.UUCP writes:
> Has anyone use the Wavemate 386 boards, particularly for UNIX or Xenix?
> I am interested in building a few 386's, and just saw their ad. Wavemate

Check out the ad in PC Week for Sys technology on the 25 mhz 386
motherboards with room for 72 drams (1,2,4 or 8 megabytes) for $495.

--
Larry Snyder                         uucp: iuvax!ndcheg!ndmath!nstar!larry
The Northern Star XBBS/Usenet Site   219-289-3745 (PEP+) 219-287-9020 (HST)

sruli@dasys1.UUCP (Andrew L. Shaffren) (08/22/89)

In article <55@.UUCP> root@.UUCP (Larry Snyder) writes:
>In article <2@sixhub.UUCP>, davidsen@sixhub.UUCP writes:
>> Has anyone use the Wavemate 386 boards, particularly for UNIX or Xenix?
>
>Check out the ad in PC Week for Sys technology on the 25 mhz 386
>motherboards with room for 72 drams (1,2,4 or 8 megabytes) for $495.

Seems too good to be true, no?  Well, I called... this price doesn't include
the 386 processor, just the motherboard.  For a '386-20, the price should be
~$275, but I haven't prices the '386-25.  Probably ~$100 more.  Still not a
bad price next to many of the motherboards out there, but not the steal it
first appears to be.

--Andrew

P.S.  If my info is incorrect, I hope Sys forgives me... so if you're serious
about buying this, give 'em a call yourself to verify.
--
Andrew L. Shaffren
Big Electric Cat Public UNIX