[comp.unix.xenix] Thanks and Apologies

marcs@crplabs.UUCP (Marc Snyder) (08/29/89)

Netlanders:
        First of all, thanks to all of you who sent along their advice
concerning my problem running Southwind Software's Grafsman package.  I
appreciate your help.
        Now, time for some crow.  I had mentioned in my earlier posting
that Southwind's technical personnel had been uncooperative.  This statement
was UNTRUE.  It seems that Southwind Software had a contact name different
from mine in their files.  This was the name of another administrator within
my company.  He had spoken to Southwind between my initial support call, and
my posting.  We had gotten our wires crossed, and as far as I knew, they had
been neglecting me.  In speaking with Dennis Roberts (the Western Regional
Manager from Southwind) I have discovered that they have been working
diligently on our problem all along.  My original posting just served to annoy
Southwind's engineers, and made them feel unappreciated.  My apologies go out
to the people at Southwind which I may have offended.
        My *problem* with Southwind was unfounded.  If I should need to buy
another graphics package again, I will surely go back to Southwind.
        And in the cause of attempting to learn a lesson -- These opinions are
my own, and in no way reflect those of Ciba-Geigy's.
--
Marc Snyder                     UUCP: ...philabs!crpmks!crplabs!marcs
System Administrator                  ...gaboon!crpmks!crplabs!marcs

louis@cs.AthabascaU.CA (Louis Schmittroth) (08/31/89)

In article <464@crplabs.UUCP>, marcs@crplabs.UUCP (Marc Snyder) writes:
> Netlanders:
>         First of all, thanks to all of you who sent along their advice
> concerning my problem running Southwind Software's Grafsman package.  I
> appreciate your help.
>         My *problem* with Southwind was unfounded.  If I should need to buy
> another graphics package again, I will surely go back to Southwind.

I have been looking for a graphics package for my home Xenix system,
something I can afford.  I have VP/ix, but I don't have a DOS graphics
package either.  Can I afford Grafsman?  Where is it advertised?
Would appreciate any comments.

Louis Schmittroth
Athabasca Computers Ltd.

bruce@mdi386.UUCP (Bruce A. McIntyre) (09/01/89)

In article <1082@aurora.AthabascaU.CA>, louis@cs.AthabascaU.CA (Louis Schmittroth) writes:
> In article <464@crplabs.UUCP>, marcs@crplabs.UUCP (Marc Snyder) writes:
> >         First of all, thanks to all of you who sent along their advice
> > concerning my problem running Southwind Software's Grafsman package.  I
> > appreciate your help.
> >         My *problem* with Southwind was unfounded.  If I should need to buy
> > another graphics package again, I will surely go back to Southwind.
> I have been looking for a graphics package for my home Xenix system,
> something I can afford.  I have VP/ix, but I don't have a DOS graphics
> package either.  Can I afford Grafsman?  Where is it advertised?
>
> Louis Schmittroth
> Athabasca Computers Ltd.

Grafsman is by SouthWind Software, Inc
3500 N. Rock Road, Bldg 200
Wichita, KS, 67226

Sales Phone (313)636-5100

Grafsman is one of several products of Southwind... It supports a wide
variety of chart types, multiple charts, included text, etc.  It works
well with a variety of database products.  I have used it with PROGRESS
from Progress Software.

Word Processor interfaces available for Crystal Writer, Fortune word,
Lyrix, R-Word, and Q-One.  Grafcaps allow you to also add your own file
formats and output devices.

I use it on a Xenix386 machine with Lyrix and Progress
bruce

	Bruce A. McIntyre, McIntyre Designs, Inc. VOICE(215)322-1895
	143 Bridgetown Pike, Langhorne, Pa. 19047 DATA (215)357-2915
	{wells|lgnp1}!mdi386!bruce		bruce@mdi386 tbit+