[comp.unix.xenix] VPix Update

jbayer@ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) (09/01/89)

I just got in the latest update to VP/ix.  It solves a lot of problems,
including the delayed typing, and it now allows processes to continue
running in the background on mono, cga, and herc. video cards.

I haven't had a chance to evaluate the rest yet, but it looks real good.

Also, it provides an optional upgrade to DOS 3.3 from 3.2, the screen
switching is much faster and cleaner, and it now supports the extended
101/102 key keyboard.

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer		Intelligent Software Products, Inc.
(201) 245-5922		500 Oakwood Ave.

richard@neabbs.UUCP (RICHARD RONTELTAP) (09/03/89)

[ Lastest VPIX update ]

Could you please post the name of the update, so we can all hassle our
dealers with it?

Richard
(...!hp4nl!neabbs!richard)
Disclaimer: I'm too lazy to Email this

jbayer@ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) (09/03/89)

richard@neabbs.UUCP (RICHARD RONTELTAP) writes:

>[ Lastest VPIX update ]
>
>Could you please post the name of the update, so we can all hassle our
>dealers with it?

It came direct from SCO, so if you aren't registered you probably won't
get it.  It is called Update A.

JB
--

larry@nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) (09/03/89)

In article <1134@ispi.UUCP>, jbayer@ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) writes:

> I just got in the latest update to VP/ix.  It solves a lot of problems,
> Also, it provides an optional upgrade to DOS 3.3 from 3.2, the screen
> switching is much faster and cleaner, and it now supports the extended
> 101/102 key keyboard.

I'm confused - DOS 3.2 corrects these problems or the VP/ix
upgrade from SCO?

--
Larry Snyder              uucp:iuvax!ndcheg!ndmath!nstar!larry
The Northern Star Usenet Distribution Site, Notre Dame, IN USA

bob@consult.UUCP (Bob Willey) (09/04/89)

In article <203302@neabbs.UUCP> richard@neabbs.UUCP (RICHARD RONTELTAP) writes:
>[ Lastest VPIX update ]
>Could you please post the name of the update, so we can all hassle our
>dealers with it?

Part#: 025-70B-001  SCO VP/ix Update A   machine: 386
For Product: SCO VP/ix Release 1.1.0   available media: 96tpi
Requires SCO VP/ix Release 1.1.0 and SCO Xenix 386 Operating System
Release 2.3.0 or later.  Update SCO VP/ix Release 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 and
SCO Xenix 386 O/S Release 2.3.0, 2.3.1 and 2.3.2 to 2.3.3  .
New features include terminal support for the IBM 3151, HP 700/44 & 45,
AT&T 605, Kimtron 70/PC, DOS 3.3, SCO Xenix pipe commands under VP/ix,
OFFSCREEN processing, device status display, and several other
command enhancements.  It also corrects problems with configuring
two floppy drives, switching multiscreens, and includes general
performance enhancemtns.
--
.. Computer Consulting Service     ..      Bob Willey        ..
.. P.O. Drawer 1690                ..    uunet!consult!bob   ..

jbayer@ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) (09/04/89)

larry@nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) writes:

>In article <1134@ispi.UUCP>, jbayer@ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) writes:
>>
>> I just got in the latest update to VP/ix.  It solves a lot of problems,
>> Also, it provides an optional upgrade to DOS 3.3 from 3.2, the screen
>> switching is much faster and cleaner, and it now supports the extended
>> 101/102 key keyboard.

>I'm confused - DOS 3.2 corrects these problems or the VP/ix
>upgrade from SCO?

DOS 3.3 is part of the upgrade.  VP/ix corrected the problems.

BTW, I have heard from a few people that the upgrade does not work for
terminals.  Anybody want to comment on this (similar problems, SCO replying,
etc. )

JB