[comp.unix.xenix] Looking for 2 termcap/terminfo entries...

davek@lakesys.UUCP (Dave Kraft) (09/20/89)

Hi,
I'm looking for termcap/terminfo entries for the following types of terminals:

1.  a 132x43 VT-100 terminal (actually, this is Qmodem 4.0 emulating VT100,
and my EGA board in 132x43 mode)

2.  A 132x43 ANSI terminal (same as above, except emulating ANSI)

If anyone has either o both of these, I would greatly appriciate it if
he/she would email it/them to me.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

--
davek@lakesys.lakesys.com <OR> uunet!marque!lakesys!davek
"You must be starved, old friend.  Come into my apartments and we'll suffer

cpcahil@virtech.UUCP (Conor P. Cahill) (09/20/89)

In article <1103@lakesys.UUCP>, davek@lakesys.UUCP (Dave Kraft) writes:
> 1.  a 132x43 VT-100 terminal (actually, this is Qmodem 4.0 emulating VT100,
> and my EGA board in 132x43 mode)
>
> 2.  A 132x43 ANSI terminal (same as above, except emulating ANSI)
>
> If anyone has either o both of these, I would greatly appriciate it if
> he/she would email it/them to me.

If you have the standard vt100 and ansi terminal definition all you
need to do is setup the LINES and COLUMNS environment variables to
the appropriate values and use the vt100 or ansi TERM.

If your version of terminfo does not support LINES and COLUMNS, you
can create a terminfo entry that contains something like the following:

ansi_132|Ansi 132 col by 43 line display,
	lines#43,
	cols#132,
	use=ansi,

this uses the ansi definition overriding the lines and columns parameters.

I *believe* the same capability exists in termcap.