[comp.unix.xenix] 2 user licences

I was asked to post this for someone with an access problem. Only the
header has been edited for brevity.

Date: Mon, 2 Oct 89 10:31:16 CDT
From: williams@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu

Please post this notice to comp.unix.xenix, as I can't post news.

I have gone round and round on the two user issue with the retailer, the
distributor, and SCO about upgrading 2 user licence to N user license, and they
are totally confused, and give conflicting reports. I even spoke to someone
in SCO technical support, and he thought such a beast existed.

BTW, in case anyone is interested, the only real difference between 2 user
and N user Xenix is the file /etc/getty.  If you copy /etc/getty from a
Multi-user Xenix system, and brand it with the local serial number, it wakes
up N-user.

This information was cheerfully provided by SCO technical support before the
current SH*T storm erupted over 2U licences, and I repeat it only for
informational purposes.

that the world is flat!" - anon