[comp.unix.xenix] Driver for Jumbo+ Tape Drive

Rene.Bilodeau@f1106.n351.z1.fidonet.org (Rene Bilodeau) (10/09/89)

Can anyone tell me if there is a Xenix driver for a Colorado
Memory Systems - Jumbo+ tape drive?  Thanks

Rene

--
-----
uucp: {uunet!oresoft,sun!nosun}!qiclab!m2xenix!puddle!351!1106!Rene.Bilodeau

From article <57.2530B455@puddle.fidonet.org>, by Rene.Bilodeau@f1106.n351.z1.fidonet.org (Rene Bilodeau):
> Can anyone tell me if there is a Xenix driver for a Colorado
> Memory Systems - Jumbo+ tape drive?  Thanks

Yes, there is it is sold by COlorado Memory Systems for something like
$50. You should have tried calling them before posting.... The driver is
copyrighted material, so don't ask me for a copy.

j				|%|John Lawitzke, Dale Computer Corp., R&D
Inquiring minds just wondering. |%|Internet: jhl@frith.egr.msu.edu

mark@promark.UUCP (Mark J. DeFilippis) (10/11/89)

In article <57.2530B455@puddle.fidonet.org>, Rene.Bilodeau@f1106.n351.z1.fidonet.org (Rene Bilodeau) writes:
> Can anyone tell me if there is a Xenix driver for a Colorado
> Memory Systems - Jumbo+ tape drive?  Thanks

Yes there is.  The JTAPE driver.  I know of a company called COMARK,
they go by the name of USA-FLEX that sells the driver. (About $45).
1-800-USA-FLEX.

You have to ask for the JUMBO XENIX OPTION, or they won't know what
you are talking about.  Ask for drivers, and you will be put on hold
forever!

--
Adelphi University, Garden City, NY 11530                   (516) 663-1170
                                 markd@adelphi.UUCP  or  mark@promark.UUCP

louis@cs.AthabascaU.CA (Louis Schmittroth) (10/12/89)

In article <57.2530B455@puddle.fidonet.org>, Rene.Bilodeau@f1106.n351.z1.fidonet.org (Rene Bilodeau) writes:
> Can anyone tell me if there is a Xenix driver for a Colorado
> Memory Systems - Jumbo+ tape drive?  Thanks

I installed a Jumbo on two different systems and had to remove both of them.
For a bit more you can put in an archive drive and get twice the performance
and no hassle.

Louis Schmittroth

sralston@sfc.Wichita.NCR.COM (sralston) (10/15/89)

In article <57.2530B455@puddle.fidonet.org> Rene.Bilodeau@f1106.n351.z1.fidonet.org (Rene Bilodeau) writes:

>Can anyone tell me if there is a Xenix driver for a Colorado
>Memory Systems - Jumbo+ tape drive?  Thanks

I purchased the Colorado Memory Systems JUMBO streamer from a mail order
company called SHAMROCK, and they charged me +$20 for the XENIX 286/386
drivers (ver 1.13).  I have since received a free update to ver 2.02 direct
from Colorado Memory Systems by calling and asking.  The drivers work fine.

P.S. - I have no affiliation whatsoever with either CMS or SHAMROCK.