[comp.unix.xenix] 80486 for Microchannel

ron@mlfarm.UUCP (Ronald Florence) (10/07/89)

Does anyone know if there are plans to introduce an 80486 card for the
Microchannel?  I've seen advertisements for an 80486 daughterboard for
the Model 70, but I wonder if it would be possible to design an 80486
card for the Microchannel and have the new processor take over the
bus.  If such boards could be produced, would they run current
operating systems, like Xenix 2.3.2?  Or am I dreaming?
--

Ronald Florence			{hsi,rayssd}!mlfarm!ron

alen@dasys1.UUCP (Alen Kalati) (10/17/89)

In article <339@mlfarm.UUCP> ron@mlfarm.UUCP (Ronald Florence) writes:
>Does anyone know if there are plans to introduce an 80486 card for the
>Microchannel?  I've seen advertisements for an 80486 daughterboard for
>the Model 70, but I wonder if it would be possible to design an 80486
>card for the Microchannel and have the new processor take over the
>bus.  If such boards could be produced, would they run current
>operating systems, like Xenix 2.3.2?  Or am I dreaming?
>--

I know ALR introduced their 80486 for MCA a while ago.

I think it's their first 80486 system introduction,but I'm not sure...

--
Alen Kalati
Big Electric Cat Public UNIX