[comp.unix.xenix] SCO and quake

johnw@techwood.UUCP (John Wheeler) (10/21/89)

We've not heard anything about the direct impact of the quake on SCO,
though we know about the unfortunate state of downtown Santa Cruz,
near the epicenter.
The following article appeared on Compuserve's Broadcast Professionals
Forum:
*****
#: 102286 (H) S1/General Forum Info.
    17-Oct-89  20:41:45
Sb: #Quake
Fm: John Hoffman-*Sysop 76703,1036
To: All

As I was on the phone to SCO asking some questions about their Foxbase, the
nice person started screaming about an earthquake and that it was a strong
one....
*****
Anyone at SCO care to relate any stories?

--
/*  John Wheeler - Unix/C Systems Designer/Programmer/Administrator/etc...    *
 * Turner Entertainment Networks * Superstation TBS * TNT * Turner Production *

karish@forel.stanford.edu (Chuck Karish) (10/22/89)

In article <489@techwood.UUCP> johnw@techwood.UUCP (John Wheeler) wrote:
>We've not heard anything about the direct impact of the quake on SCO,
>though we know about the unfortunate state of downtown Santa Cruz,
>near the epicenter.

Someone here talked to a tech support dispatcher on Wednesday or
Thursday.  Their facility was not physically damaged, but their
business was restricted because phone connections were hard to get and
many employees had trouble getting to work from San Jose with 17 closed
by a landslide.

	Chuck Karish		karish@mindcraft.com
	(415) 493-9000		karish@forel.stanford.edu