[comp.unix.xenix] Tape Backup for SCO Unix 3.2 and Xenix 2.3

root@netdev.UUCP (Alex Huppenthal) (10/26/89)

We need to read Sun tapes on the SCO Xenix / Unix systems we have in house.

We are using Irwin 40MB drives for backup of the Xenix workstations, but
these are unreliable.

Can anyone suggest a reliable drive that works with 2.3.2GT/AT and 3.2
releases from SCO?

-Alex

--
Communication Systems Research         (   If I had 32MB of real memory,   )
SNAIL:  6045 Buffridge Tr, Dallas, TX 75252  (  it would last for...     )

jbayer@ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) (10/26/89)

root@netdev.UUCP (Alex Huppenthal) writes:

>We need to read Sun tapes on the SCO Xenix / Unix systems we have in house.

>We are using Irwin 40MB drives for backup of the Xenix workstations, but
>these are unreliable.

>Can anyone suggest a reliable drive that works with 2.3.2GT/AT and 3.2
>releases from SCO?

Archive makes a good line of tape drives, which are directly supported by
SCO in both Xenix/Unix.  Also, these tape drives will be able to read tapes
made on a Sun (assuming the Sun is using DC600A tapes, they have several
different types of drives)

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer		Intelligent Software Products, Inc.
(201) 245-5922		500 Oakwood Ave.