[comp.unix.xenix] TROFF on XENIX...

dan@rna.UUCP (Dan Ts'o) (11/15/89)

Hi,
	Can someone please summarize for me the state of TROFF on XENIX...
Does Xenix come with TROFF ? DITROFF ? Is it usable with Postscript printers ?
Are the "public domain" DITROFF or TROFF/CAT programs for Postscript usable
under XENIX ?
	Please email responses. Thanks.

				Cheers,
				Dan Ts'o		212-570-7671
				Dept. Neurobiology	dan@rna.rockefeller.edu
				Rockefeller Univ.	...cmcl2!rna!dan
				1230 York Ave.		rna!dan@nyu.edu
				NY, NY 10021		tso@rockefeller.arpa
							tso@rockvax.bitnet
PS:
	One technical question, does a serial connections between, say, an
Apple Laserwriter and a XENIX/PC machine use XON/OFF or DTE for handshaking ?
What is the XENIX serial driver capable of providing ?

kg@elan.elan.com (Ken Greer) (11/16/89)

From article <851@rna.UUCP>, by dan@rna.UUCP (Dan Ts'o):
> Hi,
> 	Can someone please summarize for me the state of TROFF on XENIX...

SCO now sells a package which includes an enhanced diTroff, et. al.
with drivers for PostScript and LaserJet printers.  The package
is "SCO EROFF", which was developed by us, Elan Computer Group.

Ken Greer  Elan Computer Group, Inc. 888 Villa St. 3rd Floor Mt View CA 94041
Phone:     415-964-2200
Internet:  kg@elan.com
UUCP:      {ames,hplabs,uunet}!elan!kg

clewis@eci386.uucp (Chris Lewis) (11/22/89)

In article <851@rna.UUCP> dan@rna.UUCP (Dan Ts'o) writes:
>Does Xenix come with TROFF ? DITROFF ? Is it usable with Postscript printers ?
>Are the "public domain" DITROFF or TROFF/CAT programs for Postscript usable
>under XENIX ?

psroff (comp.sources.unix a month or so ago) for CAT (old) Troff -> postscript
works perfectly well on Xenix.
--
A fanatic is one who can't change his | Chris Lewis, Elegant Communications Inc.
mind and won't change the subject.    | {uunet!attcan,utzoo}!lsuc!eci386!clewis