[comp.unix.xenix] 9track tape backup units in Xenix

landolt@yunexus.UUCP (Paul Landolt) (11/22/89)

I am running an AT using Xenix 2.2.1, and am interested in hooking
up one of the 9-track reel-to-reel tape units available for for
the IBM PC.

Does anyone out in net.land have information on these units and
if they can be used with Xenix?

--
J. Paul Landolt                    | The F-37 Stealth Cookie:
Computing Services                 | Today's Dream or Tomorrow's Nightmare?

tony@oha.UUCP (Tony Olekshy) (11/25/89)

In message <5304@yunexus.UUCP>, landolt@yunexus.UUCP (Paul Landolt) writes:

> I am running an AT using Xenix 2.2.1, and am interested in hooking
> up one of the 9-track reel-to-reel tape units available for for
> the IBM PC.

I have used a Qualstar drive with the Overland TC50M on a 286, and currently
use it with the Overland TX8 on a 386 Xenix box.  You could contact Overland
at 619-571-5555.  I have no affiliation with them.

--
Yours, etc., Tony Olekshy (...!alberta!oha!tony or tony@oha.UUCP).

landolt@yunexus.UUCP (Paul Landolt) (11/30/89)

Thanks to one and all who replied to my query.

There was overwhelming support for the use of the Qualstar reel to reel
unit and the ODI (Overland something) Interface card.

The unit works with the 286 and 386, and doesn't cost too much.

If anyone else is interested, I can post a summmary of the information
gathered.

--
J. Paul Landolt                     | The F-37 Stealth Cookie:
Computing & Communications Services | Today's Dream or Tomorrow's Nightmare?