[comp.unix.xenix] Array Processors and Frame Grabbers for Xenix

lewis@wuphys.UUCP (Lewis Yuchan Geer) (11/26/89)

Does anyone know of any array processors with Xenix drivers?  It must be
able to do a 2D FFT.  In addition, I'm looking for video frame grabbers
that will also work with Xenix.

Thanks!
Lewis Geer

ruediger@ramz.UUCP (Ruediger Helsch) (11/30/89)

In article <725@wuphys.UUCP> lewis@wuphys.UUCP (Lewis Yuchan Geer) writes:
>Does anyone know of any array processors with Xenix drivers?  It must be
>able to do a 2D FFT.  In addition, I'm looking for video frame grabbers
>that will also work with Xenix.
>
>Thanks!
>Lewis Geer

We are using a XL-8032 from Weitek. Maybe the data memory of 1MB is too
small for your 2D FFTs, but they should have other sizes. Software is
available as Compilers (compiles programs to run on the board) or library
routines to call from your host processor. I think the name of the
distributor was something like Tekelek(sp?). Seems to run fine with
Xenix 386 2.3.1.
As frame buffers we use PC-Visions FG100 (with video camera) and
Univisions UDC-2600 (with Kodak Megaplus CCD Camera). But we had to
write our own device drivers.