[comp.unix.xenix] Undocumented Error Message in SCO UNIX System V/386 r3.2

amull@Morgan.COM (Andrew P. Mullhaupt) (11/30/89)

I get error messages now; in fact I get one that isn't even in the
C Language Guide, or my release notes. Anyone know what this means?

s.c(15) : fatal error C1066: intrinsic not implemented
*** Error code 1

Thanks in advance,
Andrew Mullhaupt

amull@Morgan.COM (Andrew P. Mullhaupt) (12/02/89)

In article <552@s5.Morgan.COM>, amull@Morgan.COM (Andrew P. Mullhaupt) writes:
> I get error messages now; in fact I get one that isn't even in the
> C Language Guide, or my release notes. Anyone know what this means?
>
> s.c(15) : fatal error C1066: intrinsic not implemented
> *** Error code 1

SCO has e-mailed me an explanation, which for some reason cannot
be posted.
(I assume they will go public on this when they have decided how
to fix it.) The AT&T compiler doesn't have this problem.
 It is not an error in my source code, nor my hardware; they give a
workaround. I cannot post the source code since it is proprietary,
reply to.)

Thanks to all who have e-mailed me on this one, but I can't e-mail
back through a 'UUCP' link in most cases. Sorry.

Later,
Andrew Mullhaupt

amull@Morgan.COM (Andrew P. Mullhaupt) (12/04/89)

Sean Eric Fagan at SCO sent me the following self explanatory e-mails
which I post with his permission:

------  Following is from Sean Eric Fagan:

In article <560@s5.Morgan.COM> you write:
>SCO has e-mailed me an explanation, which for some reason cannot
>be posted.

*chuckle*  Sorry:  the problem is that I do not have posting permission on
comp.unix.all here.  You can post my article if you wish...

>I cannot post the source code since it is proprietary,
>reply to.)

You can post anything I said; I very carefully made sure there was nothing
in the message that was Bad and Evil.  In fact, if you would, I would be
grateful, since, again, I cannot post...

------  Following is from me:

OK Sean, Here is your message on error C1066:

------  Following is from Sean Eric Fagan:

In article <552@s5.Morgan.COM> you write:
>I get error messages now; in fact I get one that isn't even in the
>C Language Guide, or my rlease notes. Anyone know what this means?
>
>s.c(15) : fatal error C1066: intrinsic not implemented
>*** Error code 1

*sigh*  I would suspect that you have, on line 15, some sort of math routine
(such as, oh, tan, sin, cos, etc.).  If you use -Ox on the command line, but
*don't* include <math.h> (that is, you "manually" declare the function,
instead of using the header file), pass one of the compiler will treat the
function as an intrinsic, but pass two barfs on it.  Workaround:  make sure
that you are including <math.h>, and, as a verification, make sure that
there is a bunch of #pragma function (...)'s in it.  Lastly, assuming all
that is true, make sure that the function you call on line 15 is pragma'd to
be a function.

If all of the above are true, and you still get the error, send me a copy of
the program and I'll take a look at it.

(Now, just wish I could post this...)

Sean.

---
Sean Eric Fagan  | "Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts."
seanf@sco.COM    |    -- Thomas Magnum (Tom Selleck), _Magnum, P.I._

----------  Thanks Sean. I appreciate it, as may others.

Later,
Andrew Mullhaupt