[comp.unix.xenix] Compiler error messages

rosso@sco.COM (Ross Oliver) (11/28/89)

In article <529@s5.Morgan.COM> amull@Morgan.COM (Andrew P. Mullhaupt) writes:
>When I have compiler errors in cc or rcc under SCO UNIX System
>V/386 r3.2 I only get the error number, not the text, (or the
>helpful indication of which identifier is undefined, etc.).
>Now I can find the files containing the error texts, but
>maybe cc can't. Any suggestions?

This can happen if you installed only parts of the SCO UNIX Development
System.  If you did not install the "386XDEV" package, you will be
missing the files /lib/386/c1.err and /lib/386/c23.err, where the text
of the error messages reside.  The compiler then can't find the messages
to print.  To correct the problem, use the custom utility to install these
two files, or the entire 386XDEV package.  In the next release, we plan
to change the installation procedure so these files are always installed.

Ross Oliver
Technical Support
The Santa Cruz Operation, Inc.

akcs.larry@nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) (11/29/89)

Russ - is there any chance of SCO including support for the FIFO
buffers in the 16550A in the asy drivers?

mel@fleet.UUCP (mel) (11/29/89)

In article <7668@viscous.sco.COM> rosso@sco.com (Ross Oliver) writes:
>two files, or the entire 386XDEV package.  In the next release, we plan
>to change the installation procedure so these files are always installed.
>Ross Oliver

Will SCO be providing any further updates to Xenix or is 2.3.2 the end of the
road for Xenix (Other than bug fixes, etc.) ??

Mel Shear
!rex!mgse!fleet!mel

rosso@sco.COM (Ross Oliver) (12/07/89)

In article <54@fleet.UUCP> mel@.UUCP (Mel Shear) writes:

>Will SCO be providing any further updates to Xenix or is 2.3.2 the end of the
>road for Xenix (Other than bug fixes, etc.) ??

There are no further releases past 2.3.2 of XENIX planned at this
time.  However, we will continue to sell and support it, including
fixes, and possibly new drivers (such as tape drivers) for quite
some time.