[comp.unix.xenix] Discussion on multi-port boards for Xenix

robcoo@mcorp.UUCP (Robin D. Coolidge, JR) (12/14/89)

Sorry to take up bandwidth, but I came in late on the discussion about
multi-port boards for Xenix.  Has anyone kept a summary of the results,
(good, bad, really ugly,) and or comments about different models?

Thanks ahead!

--
Robin D. Coolidge, Jr.			     osu!mcorp!robcoo
(614)-895-0738                               robin@mcorp.UUCP

asv@gaboon.UUCP (Stan Voket) (12/16/89)

In article <706@mcorp.UUCP> robcoo@mcorp.UUCP (Robin D. Coolidge, JR) writes:
>Sorry to take up bandwidth, but I came in late on the discussion about
>multi-port boards for Xenix.  Has anyone kept a summary of the results,
>(good, bad, really ugly,) and or comments about different models?

     Several weeks ago I became a vocal proponent of the Equinox Megaport (12
     or 24 ports per board.  It uses NO interrupts, supports bi-directional
     uucp with Telebit tb's (big win for me!), serial mouse with X windows
     and vpix etc.  I got mine from Continental Cpomputer Systems, their
     largest dealer at 203 665-1355.  Very good support and everything works!

| - Stan Voket, asv@gaboon - OR - ...uunet!hsi!stpstn!gaboon!asv       |
|               Land Line: (203) 746-4489  TELEX 4996516             - |