[comp.unix.xenix] FTP Sites For SCO, Etc.

mowgli@bat.cis.ohio-state.edu (Mowgli Assor) (12/18/89)

Well, I'm the sysadmin for a small counseling agency here in Columbus. I just
found this newsgroup the other day, & just today got caught up. We're running
an IBM PS/2 Model 80 with SCO Xenix V2.2.3 (hopefully soon to be 2.3.x 9-).

Although I've been playing recently with trying to get various things from
comp.sources.unix to run, I'd like to find things that people *KNOW* will work
with SCO's Xenix. So, are there any public FTP sites, & if so where would I
find them? It's probably best to do all this in E-mail.

I'm specifically looking for a version of Emacs, & would also like to know if
Elm will run under Xenix (& what you have to do to get it to run so). Unfor-
tunately, I can't do UUCP stuff, so I'm basically stuck using either mail or
FTP to get stuff.
					Thanx, <Mowgli>

-=-
Address: mowgli@puffer.cis.ohio-state.edu (Mowgli Assor in real life)
     Or: mowgli@cis.ohio-state.edu, mowgli@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu
The 2 precepts of Semi-Divinity:	(1) Mind Thine Own Business.
					(2) Don't Worry About It.

dick@slvblc.UUCP (Dick Flanagan) (12/18/89)

In article <75024@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> Mowgli Assor <mowgli@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:
>I'm specifically looking for a version of Emacs, & would also like to know if
>Elm will run under Xenix (& what you have to do to get it to run so).

I'm running SCO XENIX/286 System V 2.3.2, and got Elm 2.2 and smail 2.5 up and
running today with minimal difficulty.  Running the Elm Configuration script
on my 286 required that I patch /bin/sh to give it a bigger stack, but once
that was done, everything moved along quite nicely.

Now if I can just find a source of the Elm patches, I'll be even happier! 8-)
--
Dick Flanagan, W6OLD, CFII, CFIG             Cherokee 235 N9212W
UUCP: ...!uunet!slvblc!dick                  GEnie: FLANAGAN