[comp.unix.xenix] screen dump

pjc@PacBell.COM (Paul Condie) (12/16/89)

Is there a way to do a screen dump (print screen) in xenix.
I am running xenix on a compaq 286 and am looking for a way to print what
is on the screen (nec multisync II color terminal).  Is there a memory
location I can access or a system call of some kind that will do this
for me???????

kabra437@pallas.UUCP (Ken Abrams) (12/20/89)

In article <6575@pbhyf.PacBell.COM> pjc@PacBell.COM (Paul Condie) writes:
>Is there a way to do a screen dump (print screen) in xenix.
>I am running xenix on a compaq 286 and am looking for a way to print what
>is on the screen (nec multisync II color terminal).  Is there a memory
>location I can access or a system call of some kind that will do this
>for me???????

SCO addressed this question in their last bi-monthly user's magazine but
they missed the mark COMPLETELY.  Their answer had to do with output
redirection which is kind of hard to do AFTER the application is already
running.  The only soultion I have been able to find is to go to a
remote terminal that has local print capability and run the program
again.  Even this doesn't help if an error appears at the console that
you may not be able to (easily) duplicate.
If you get any "good" answers via mail, I would be interested in
hearing them too.  BTW, I work for Illinois Bell.