[comp.unix.xenix] SCO 286 2.2.3 Tape/Disk Backup Devices?

toppin@melpar.UUCP (Doug Toppin X2075) (12/21/89)

We are running SCO Xenix 2.2.3 on the 286.
We are looking for a backup device that is supported on
the above configuration. It must be internal and we could
preferably put 2 of them in the chassis. We would prefer
a removable cartridge disk but tape is better than nothing.
If anyone knows of something that will work with the above
configuration please drop me a line.
Please do not suggest changing either hardware or versions of
the operating system, that is not possible and not helpful.
thanks
Doug Toppin
uunet!melpar!toppin

In article <103@melpar.UUCP> toppin@melpar.UUCP (Doug Toppin   X2075) writes:
>We are running SCO Xenix 2.2.3 on the 286.
>We are looking for a backup device that is supported on
>the above configuration. It must be internal and we could
>preferably put 2 of them in the chassis. We would prefer
>a removable cartridge disk but tape is better than nothing.
>If anyone knows of something that will work with the above
>configuration please drop me a line.
>Please do not suggest changing either hardware or versions of
>the operating system, that is not possible and not helpful.

Well, you have two options:

	Bernouilli box drives -- buggy, but may work.  SCO (I >think<) has
	drivers for these.

	Tape backup drive (ONE unit supported, not two)

Of tapes, both Archive and Wangtek will work.  Avoid the QIC-40
(DC2000-based) units, get the DC600/6150 (quarter inch) drives.  The FT60,
FT150, VP60 & VP150 all are ok in the Archive line.

All work just fine, either internal or external.

--
Karl Denninger (karl@ddsw1.MCS.COM, <well-connected>!ddsw1!karl)
Public Access Data Line: [+1 708 566-8911], Voice: [+1 708 566-8910]