[comp.unix.xenix] Altos, anyone?

root@lsicom2.UUCP (Admin) (12/28/89)

s there anyone interested in discussing their experience with
Altos?

jim@bahamut.fsc.com (James O'Connor) (12/29/89)

In article <543@lsicom2.UUCP>, root@lsicom2.UUCP (Admin) writes:
> s there anyone interested in discussing their experience with
> Altos?

There is an Altos specific mailing list.  There has been very little
traffic lately, but the list still exists.  My own interest in Altos
hardware is rapidly declining as we progress with our efforts to replace the
Altos machines with HP 9000 Model 800 computers.

To join the list, send a request to info-altos-request@tiamat.fsc.com or
...!uunet!tiamat!info-altos-request.

To send a message to the list, send to info-altos@tiamat.fsc.com, etc.
-------------
James B. O'Connor			Work:	jim@tiamat.fsc.com
Data Processing Manager  		Play:   jim@bahamut.fsc.com
Ahlstrom Filtration, Inc.		UUCP:	uunet!tiamat!jim

don@delta.uucp (Donald K. Irmiger) (01/02/90)

In article <543@lsicom2.UUCP> root@lsicom2.COM (0000-Admin) writes:
>s there anyone interested in discussing their experience with
>Altos?

Sure.  I'm running a 2086 with Xenix 3.4b with Cnews and rn.  Loving it.

Donald K. Irmiger III                                  UUCP: uunet!delta!don
Data Systems Coordinator                               Altos 2086/Xenix 3.4b
Michiana Rehabilitation Institute's Data Systems Center