[comp.unix.xenix] how to get biz.clarinet ?

root@csoftec.csf.com (Cliff Manis (cmanis@csoftec)) (01/02/90)

I dont know where to put this msg, so excuse, but please answer ! !

Ref:  Part of a message on the net today.

> Newsgroups: news.lists,news.groups
> Subject: BOTTOM 20 NEWSGROUPS IN ORDER BY PROPAGATION (DEC 89)
> Date: 1 Jan 90 16:21:37 GMT
> 470  2600   108   34%     2    7.2   100%  0.00    0.4%  biz.clarinet

Is there a charge for sites to get the 'biz.clarinet' group ?

What is the charge ?   Please post info on the net or send directly to me.

   Thanks,   cliff
_
  Cliff Manis       K4ZTF                    \`-o-'/          \-A-/
                                  |-*-|                               )-=-(
  ARPA:     hcscm@afbs.af.mil            ~*~        _____/""Y""\_____
  INTERNET: cmanis@csoftec.csf.com                 `-o-o-=\_|_/=-o-o-'
  UUCP:     {swrinde|texbell}!csoftec!cmanis
    Unix & Xenix today for a better tomorrow      ~*~            -=0=-
-

In article <563@csoftec.csf.com> root@csoftec.csf.com (Cliff Manis (cmanis@csoftec)) writes:
>Is there a charge for sites to get the 'biz.clarinet' group ?
>
>What is the charge ?   Please post info on the net ...

There is no charge for biz.clarinet, and in particular biz.clarinet.sample
group.  This group contains free samples of various parts of the ClariNet
service.  They may be distributed freely within USENET and to BBSs, although
there are some limits beyond this (ie. you can't use it in a newspaper etc.)

The biz distribution is small, and found only on some sites.  UUNET is one.
Some other major sites.  Ask around your local feeds.

The ClariNet distributions (clari.*) require a fee.  Write to info@clarinet.com
or phone 800 265 2782 for info on that.