[comp.unix.xenix] UDS V.32 not yet dialing out for me...

amull@Morgan.COM (Andrew P. Mullhaupt) (01/14/90)

Anyone know how to make a UDS V.32 (9600 Baud) modem work with
SCO UNIX System V/386 r.3.2? Or anyone have a Dialer for one?

Later,
Andrew Mullhaupt

larry@nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) (01/14/90)

In article <674@s5.Morgan.COM>, amull@Morgan.COM (Andrew P. Mullhaupt) writes:
> Anyone know how to make a UDS V.32 (9600 Baud) modem work with
> SCO UNIX System V/386 r.3.2? Or anyone have a Dialer for one?

What I do for new modems, is simply read the configuration options
from the manual and first get the modem to answer the phone, then
enter the dialing string in /usr/lib/uucp/Dialers to dial outbound
calls and connect.
                uucp: larry@nstar -or- ...!iuvax!ndmath!nstar!larry

amull@Morgan.COM (Andrew P. Mullhaupt) (01/15/90)

In article <511141@nstar.UUCP>, larry@nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) writes:
> In article <674@s5.Morgan.COM>, amull@Morgan.COM (Andrew P. Mullhaupt) writes:
> > Anyone know how to make a UDS V.32 (9600 Baud) modem work with
>
> What I do for new modems, is simply read the configuration options
> from the manual and first get the modem to answer the phone, then
> enter the dialing string in /usr/lib/uucp/Dialers to dial outbound
> calls and connect.

So far so good, but (forgive me if this sounds obtuse), but as
far as I can tell there isn't an appropriate entry for this modem
in my /usr/lib/uucp/Dialers. Will one of the other ones work? I
tried a couple with no success. Also: I only need to call out,
not to call in.

Later,
Andrew Mullhaupt