[comp.unix.xenix] Linking two Xenix Systems

kessler%cons.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Robert R. Kessler) (01/16/90)

I would like to link two 386-based Xenix systems (both running 2.3.2),
one a MCA bus and the other an AT bus.  Ideally I would like something
like NFS, so I can open files on the remote system directly from my
applications.  What alternatives do I have?  Does NFS really work
between two Xenix systems?  What software/hardware must be in place to
permit this?  Is there anything else that would provide similar
functionality?

Thanks.
B.

jbayer@ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) (01/16/90)

kessler%cons.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Robert R. Kessler) writes:

>I would like to link two 386-based Xenix systems (both running 2.3.2),
>one a MCA bus and the other an AT bus.  Ideally I would like something
>like NFS, so I can open files on the remote system directly from my
>applications.  What alternatives do I have?  Does NFS really work
>between two Xenix systems?  What software/hardware must be in place to
>permit this?  Is there anything else that would provide similar
>functionality?

>Thanks.
>B.

You need some sort of network cards in each system.  Among other items
and products available is:

	Xenixnet	from SCO, using the MS-net protocols.  This also
			allows DOS based systems to access files.

	CoCoNet		This seems to be a more complete implemention.
			It is available for MS-Dos, Novell Netware, and
			SCO Xenix.  It is an Ethernet lan.  Available
			from CoCoNet, 1(800) 262-6526  or 1(305) 447-4806.
			They are located in Coral Gables, Florida.

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer		Intelligent Software Products, Inc.
(201) 245-5922		500 Oakwood Ave.