[comp.unix.xenix] EGA 43x120 mode

neal@mnopltd.UUCP (01/18/90)

Anyone notice that the vidi command will set a ega monitor to 43x80 mode
but not 43x120?  (which is real handy for viewing reports!)

Anyone care?

Hello?

Neal Rhodes
MNOP Ltd
Lilburn (atlanta) GA 30247
uunet!emory!jdyx!mnopltd!neal Or uunet!gatech!stiatl!mnopltd!neal

richards@la.excelan.com (Richard Schneider) (01/19/90)

In article <128@mnopltd.UUCP> gatech!stiatl!mnopltd!neal writes:
>Anyone notice that the vidi command will set a ega monitor to 43x80 mode
>but not 43x120?
>
>Anyone care?

I care. seems there is nothing to be done about this right now.
I have been running the 80x43 mode on 5 screens for the last 4 (?6)
months, ever since i discovered it was there. Had fun getting to
six fultime screens. If anyone figures how to go to 120x43 let
me know. I would like at least one window that was that big.

cu later	richards@excelan.excelan.com
LOOK!!  Sullen American teens wearing MADRAS shorts and
``Flock of Seagulls'' HAIRCUTS!