[comp.unix.xenix] Where's my CGI?

perry@bluemtn.uucp (Perry Minyard (3MTA3)) (02/02/90)

In article <689@s5.Morgan.COM> amull@Morgan.COM (Andrew P. Mullhaupt) writes:

  ...yadda..yadda..yadda

>The CGI disks were included in one of the two boxes which contained my
>development system diskettes. They are interestingly labelled as having
>format n286, where all my other disks have been labelled n386.

I asked SCO about this (n286) and they told me there was no such thing
as SCO CGI 386.

>To whom it may concern department -
>	Recently, I needed to reinstall SCO UNIX System V/386 after adding
>another hard drive. For some reason, the system backups wouldn't go
>through, and I was faced with the ghastly proposition of reinstalling
>off the distribution disks. After one or two false starts with the
>infamous 'Error: Disk not in Drive' stupidity, I stumbled across a
>workaround. All that seems to be necessary is to put each disk in the
>drive, close the latch, reopen the latch, and reclose it. No more
>errors.

Funny you should mention this.  I've had the same problems with my SCO XENIX
2.3.3 system.  I can put a diskette in, and it wont read/write to it.  I
open, then close the latch, and it works fine.   I thought it was a hardware
problem, but maybe it isn't.

>Later,
>Andrew Mullhaupt

Later,