[comp.unix.xenix] modem call back under Xenix

hb@vpnet.UUCP (hank barta) (02/01/90)

SCO UNIX V/386 has a command that will call back called "ct".
I would guess that this command is also available under XENIX.

					Hank

perry@bluemtn.uucp (Perry Minyard (3MTA3)) (02/02/90)

In article <13647@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu> citron@cit-vax.UUCP (Mark C. Citron) writes:
>I realize this topic was covered a month or so ago, and I apologize for
>not paying closer attention. Is there a way to dialup, hangup and get the
>modem to call you back so you can login without initiating the phone call???
>I am looking for a solution  that works under Xenix/386.
>
>Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
>Mark Citron

Mark-

The command you are looking for is "ct".   It will spawn a getty to a
remote terminal.  Try:  nohup ct -s(speed) -w3 phone# &

That will spawn a process that will attempt to call phone# at baudrate "speed"
and will wait up to 3 minutes before giving up.   It will retry on 1 minute
intervals.  Once connected it will spawn a getty.

-PM

mikej@lilink.lilink.com (Michael R. Johnston) (02/02/90)

In article <13647@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu> citron@cit-vax.UUCP (Mark C. Citron) writes:
>>I realize this topic was covered a month or so ago, and I apologize for
>>not paying closer attention. Is there a way to dialup, hangup and get the
>>modem to call you back so you can login without initiating the phone call???
>>I am looking for a solution  that works under Xenix/386.

Read the manual page on ct(1). This program will call you and spawn a getty
once the connection is made.
--
Michael R. Johnston                   mikej@lilink.com
Lilink Communications                 rutgers!lilink!mikej