[comp.unix.xenix] Secondary RLL controller

simon@ms.uky.edu (G. Simon Gales) (02/04/90)

I have an integrated (built-into-my-motherboard) WD MFM controller, and I'd
like to be able to add an RLL controller.  I'm pretty sure DOS couldn't
use the second controller, but Xenix should.  Any recommendations on which
RLL controller can be made secondary easily?

--
Simon Gales@The University of Kentucky
   simon@ms.uky.edu             | 'Fate... protects fools, little children,

larry@nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) (02/05/90)

>like to be able to add an RLL controller.  I'm pretty sure DOS couldn't
>use the second controller, but Xenix should.  Any recommendations on which
>RLL controller can be made secondary easily?

The Adaptec 2372B works fine as a secondary controller and has the jumpers
built on the card.

                uucp: larry@nstar -or- ...!iuvax!ndmath!nstar!larry
               4 inbound dialup high speed line public access system

In article <13979@s.ms.uky.edu> simon@ms.uky.edu (G. Simon Gales) writes:
| I have an integrated (built-into-my-motherboard) WD MFM controller, and I'd
| like to be able to add an RLL controller.  I'm pretty sure DOS couldn't
| use the second controller, but Xenix should.  Any recommendations on which
| RLL controller can be made secondary easily?

  Adaptek allows changing the ports via jumper. I believe you have to do
a hardware hack for the interrupts, though.
--
	bill davidsen - sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX
davidsen@sixhub.uucp		...!uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen

"Getting old is bad, but it beats the hell out of the alternative" -anon