[comp.unix.xenix] Baytech multiplexer file transfer errors

mikej@lilink.lilink.com (Michael R. Johnston) (02/07/90)

In article <1627@oneb.UUCP> kmcvay@oneb.UUCP (Ken McVay) writes:
>I have a client who recently installed a Baytech #529 Multiplexer on a
>dial-up lease-line between two branch office sites. It works perfectly
>for terminal access, but they are unable to pass compressed news packets
>- it appears that the sendfile fails due to some sort of conflict over
>the packet size negotiation, but I can't explain much beyond that...I've
>been told that sendfile begins, then alarms, then an abort.

First off, you've got the wrong newsgroup for this. We forgive him tho
right netfolks? Second, check the configuration on the Multiplexor
( you CAN reconfigure it right?). Make sure that XON/XOFF handshaking
is turned OFF! You only want DTR or HARDWARE handshaking. What's happening
is that the binary files you are sinding across have these characters
contained in them. When the multiplexor sees an XOFF thats actually
part of your file it doesn't know the difference. And guess what? It
stops sending. Another thing to try is to make sure that the Mux is
set to PASS FLOW CONTROL.

Try it. I've had the same problem with a MICOM and it worked for me.
--
Michael R. Johnston                   mikej@lilink.com
Lilink Communications                 rutgers!lilink!mikej