[comp.unix.xenix] SCO Xenix vs Interactive 386/ix

drew@se-sd.NCR.COM (Drew Lettington) (02/09/90)

    I am currently in the process of setting up a development envrionment
which will eventually link NCR Tower, NCR ITX and PC systems.  File transfer
will be accomplished using TCP/IP.  I would like to have NFS or RFS in the
future.  What I am wondering is if anyone has had any experience using
either SCO's Xenix or Interactive's 386/ix operating system?  Which costs
less, which has better performance, which is easier to use?  Any info you
have will be greatly appreciated.

    Please reply via e-mail.  I will post a summary of all comments I
receive.

--
     drew@se-sd.sandiego.NCR.COM        |    Olga Corbet drives me mad
     Drew Lettington                    |    I'll buy some vodka for her dad

neal@mnopltd.UUCP (02/10/90)

->future.  What I am wondering is if anyone has had any experience using
->either SCO's Xenix or Interactive's 386/ix operating system?  Which costs
->less, which has better performance, which is easier to use?  Any info you

Naaahh.. nobody like that in this newsgroup.. nobody in here but us chickens..

jbayer@ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) (02/10/90)

neal@mnopltd.UUCP writes:

>->future.  What I am wondering is if anyone has had any experience using
>->either SCO's Xenix or Interactive's 386/ix operating system?  Which costs
>->less, which has better performance, which is easier to use?  Any info you

I just finished install the Interactive 386/ix os on a customer's
computer.  My impression was that it is a reliable system, but lacks
some of the polishing that SCO Xenix has.  In terms of reliability, SCO
Xenix has been around a lot longer than the 386/ix.

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer		Intelligent Software Products, Inc.
(201) 245-5922		500 Oakwood Ave.