[comp.unix.xenix] Xenix Memory Size Restrictions???

jackb@hpfinote.HP.COM (Jack Benzel) (02/08/90)

I am looking to puchase a 386/AT compatible to run under SCO Xenix.  Does Xenix
impose any kind of restrictions on the number of megabytes of memory?  For
instance, does it care if I have 4,5,6,7, or 8 MB of RAM or must I have some
multiple of n MB such as 2,4,6 or 8?

Jack Benzel
jack_benzel@hpfcla.HP.COM

larry@nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) (02/11/90)

In article <15030009@hpfinote.HP.COM>, jackb@hpfinote.HP.COM (Jack Benzel) writes:
> impose any kind of restrictions on the number of megabytes of memory?  For
> instance, does it care if I have 4,5,6,7, or 8 MB of RAM or must I have some
> multiple of n MB such as 2,4,6 or 8?

Xenix doesn't care - but the more memory the faster the system moves as the loadincreases (if that makes sense).  Tune the kernel configuration (see the
sysadmin section of the manual) to take advantage of the additional memory.

                uucp: larry@nstar -or- ...!iuvax!ndmath!nstar!larry
               4 inbound dialup high speed line public access system