[comp.unix.xenix] "\f" and Control-L

daveh@marob.masa.com (Dave Hammond) (02/12/90)

In <5677@holston.UUCP> Barton A. Fisk writes:
>On the ansi console it's easier to just enter echo "\f\c".

Sorry if I confused anyone by writing `Control-L', but it represents
the very same character that "\f" represents -- the ASCII formfeed.

Also, I probably should not have limited my remarks to the console
screen `only'.  A quick `grep "cl=^L" /etc/termcap' turned up at least
20 matches, indicating that the formfeed is a fairly popular choice for
a screen clear command.

--
Dave Hammond
daveh@marob.masa.com