[comp.unix.xenix] Xenix spooler problem

fff@mplex.UUCP (Fred Fierling) (02/23/90)

Can someone can tell me why lpstat might put "(login terminal)" in the
following "lpstat -t" output:

 scheduler is running
 system default destination: p
 device for p19: /dev/ttyi19
 device for p23: /dev/ttyi23
 p19 accepting requests since Nov 29 16:35
 p23 accepting requests since Feb 21 15:56
 printer p23 is idle.  enabled since Feb 21 15:56
 printer p19 (login terminal) is idle.  enabled since Feb 22 14:49
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We have a spooled printer here that no longer works reliably after months of
service.  If I know why it spits this out I think I can solve the problem.
--
Fred Fierling   uunet!van-bc!mplex!fff    Tel: 604 875-1461  Fax: 604 875-9029
Microplex Systems Ltd   265 East 1st Avenue   Vancouver, BC   V5T 1A7,  Canada

mikej@lilink.com (Michael R. Johnston) (02/25/90)

In article <367@mplex.UUCP> fff@mplex.UUCP (Fred Fierling) writes:
>Can someone can tell me why lpstat might put "(login terminal)" in the
>following "lpstat -t" output:
>
> printer p19 (login terminal) is idle.  enabled since Feb 22 14:49
>
>We have a spooled printer here that no longer works reliably after months of
>service.  If I know why it spits this out I think I can solve the problem.

Sounds to me as if the port is enabled.....

--
Michael R. Johnston                   mikej@lilink.com
Lilink Communications                 rutgers!lilink!mikej