[comp.unix.xenix] TCI/IP Help Needed

kb2ear@mioem.UUCP (Scott Weis R.A.C.E.S.) (02/20/90)

Hello, I am having trouble getting KA9Q's TCP/IP software up on a 286
computer running SCO XENIX.  Has anyone out there gotten the software up
on such a machine? Also is there a users group around that deals with
TCP/IP on unix boxes?

Thanks to all,
Scott Weis KB2EAR

UUCP: !rutgers!petsd!tsdiag!ka2qhd!mioem!kb2ear
USMAIL: 10 Palmer Rd., Kendall Park, N.J. 08824-1228
PACKET: KB2EAR @ NN2Z
DOMAIN: kb2ear@mioem.UUCP
VOICE: +1 201 297 0469
OPUS: 107/340, 107/339

| Scott Weis KB2EAR * The views here are mine, not that of these groups *     |
| R.A.C.E.S. Operator, Middlesex County Office of Emergency Management        |
| E.C. South Brunswick A.R.E.S. * THANK YOU AMSAT *                           |

mjhammel@Kepler.dell.com (Michael J. Hammel) (02/22/90)

In article <691@mioem.UUCP>, kb2ear@mioem.UUCP (Scott Weis  R.A.C.E.S.) writes:
> Hello, I am having trouble getting KA9Q's TCP/IP software up on a 286
> computer running SCO XENIX.  Has anyone out there gotten the software up
> on such a machine? Also is there a users group around that deals with
> TCP/IP on unix boxes?

comp.protocols.tcpip.ibmpc (I hope thats right, it might be ...ibm-pc)
deals with
TCP/IP products and problems from the DOS side.  It has many knowledgeable
people pop in with help for users, including Phil Karn (developer of KA9Q)
occassionally.

Actually, I wasn't aware that KA9Q ran in unix boxes (I thought it was just for
DOS systems), but I'm pretty sure the folks over in c.p.t.i can help.

Michael J. Hammel      | mjhammel@Kepler.dell.com, mikeh@dell.dell.com,
Dell Computer Corp.    |         or 73377.3467@compuserve.com
Disclaimer equ standard
"I know engineers, they looooove to change things" L. McCoy

winter@Apple.COM (Patty Winter) (02/23/90)

In article<5687@dell.dell.com>mjhammel@Kepler.dell.com(Michael J.Hammel)writes:
>Actually, I wasn't aware that KA9Q ran in unix boxes (I thought it was just for
>DOS systems), but I'm pretty sure the folks over in c.p.t.i can help.

Harrumph!!    :-)

Phil Karn develops the package on a DOS machine, but versions are available
for various forms of UNIX as well as for the Atari, Amiga, and (you knew
this was coming) the Macintosh.

Patty

Patty Winter N6BIS                        INTERNET: winter@apple.com
AMPR.ORG: [44.4.0.44]                     UUCP: {decwrl,nsc,sun}!apple!winter

michaelb@mikebat.UUCP (Michael R. Batchelor) (02/26/90)

> Phil Karn develops the package on a DOS machine, but versions are available
> for various forms of UNIX as well as for the Atari, Amiga, and (you knew
> this was coming) the Macintosh.

Yea, yea, yea. I hear this all the time. I even have a copy for a DOS box
and an Amiga. But where can you get the SOURCE? Preferably with a unix
make file. I have two unix boxes up and running and two more I'm going to
ressurect. How am I going to run tcp/ip on them with DOS binarys?

Michael
(But my call sign IS in my .signature)

--
Michael Batchelor / \113\101\067\132\116\132    uunet!wshb!mikebat!michaelb
       The ability to advance the leading edge of technology is