[comp.unix.xenix] VIDI broken?

mikej@lilink.com (Michael R. Johnston) (03/06/90)

Well, is it? I can't seem to get a definitive answer from SCO. I am running
a 386 with SCO 2.3.1 and and HP VGA card with an Imtec Color monitor. When
I try to switch fonts the screen seems to flicker quickly and then goes back
to it's original state. Anyone?
--
Michael R. Johnston                   mikej@lilink.com
Lilink Communications                 rutgers!lilink!mikej

tbetz@upaya.lilink.COM (Tom Betz) (03/07/90)

Quoth mikej@lilink.com (Michael R. Johnston) in <1990Mar6.033855.12531@lilink.com>:
|Well, is it? I can't seem to get a definitive answer from SCO. I am running
|a 386 with SCO 2.3.1 and and HP VGA card with an Imtec Color monitor. When
|I try to switch fonts the screen seems to flicker quickly and then goes back
|to it's original state. Anyone?

Yeah, vidi is broken.  I asked about this a year ago, and it was
broken then, and hasn't been fixed.

--
"I don't run - I tend to black my eyes." - D.Parton | hombre!marob!upaya!tbetz
----------------------------------------------------|  tbetz@upaya.lilink.com

jpr@dasys1.uucp (Jean-Pierre Radley) (03/16/90)

In article <1016@upaya.lilink.COM> tbetz@upaya.lilink.COM (Tom Betz) writes:
>Quoth mikej@lilink.com (Michael R. Johnston) in <1990Mar6.033855.12531@lilink.com>:
>|Well, is it? I can't seem to get a definitive answer from SCO. I am running
>|a 386 with SCO 2.3.1 and and HP VGA card with an Imtec Color monitor. When
>|I try to switch fonts the screen seems to flicker quickly and then goes back
>|to it's original state. Anyone?
>Yeah, vidi is broken.  I asked about this a year ago, and it was
>broken then, and hasn't been fixed.

Maybe it's broken for VGA.

I have an EGA monitor, and I run 8 of my multiscreens on 43-line mode, and
the other 4 in 25-line mode.

To get more than two of those 43-liners going, I had to reconfigure the
kernel.
--
Jean-Pierre Radley					      jpr@jpradley.uucp
New York, NY					      72160.1341@compuserve.com