[comp.unix.xenix] ESIX vs. SCO Xenix, SCO NFS

jim@applix.UUCP (Jim Morton [ext 237]) (03/20/90)

In article <1865@crash.cts.com>, jca@pnet01.cts.com (John C. Archambeau) writes:
> I'm looking at SCO with more scrutiny than Stallman with GNU.
> Alright SCO, where's the damned NFS for Unix?

Calm down, John. SCO NFS for Unix has been around for awhile. It's
real, it works, and I'm using it daily.

--
Jim Morton, APPLiX Inc., Westboro, MA
...uunet!applix!jim    jim@applix.com

palowoda@fiver.UUCP (Bob Palowoda) (03/21/90)

From article <1037@applix.UUCP>, by jim@applix.UUCP (Jim Morton [ext 237]):
> In article <1865@crash.cts.com>, jca@pnet01.cts.com (John C. Archambeau) writes:
>> I'm looking at SCO with more scrutiny than Stallman with GNU.
>> Alright SCO, where's the damned NFS for Unix?
>
> Calm down, John. SCO NFS for Unix has been around for awhile. It's
> real, it works, and I'm using it daily.

   Speaking of NFS for SCO UNIX :-) :-). Why on earth do they offer
a "client only" package. Err should I say the server is in some other
package they sell. If so which package is it? Are there any prerequisite
packages that are needed in order to get the "server" portion working.

---Bob

--
Bob Palowoda  indetech!fiver!palowoda      *Home of Fiver BBS*  login: bbs
Home {sun|daisy}!ys2!fiver!palowoda            (415)-623-8809 1200/2400