[comp.unix.xenix] Wanted - Compress for versions 2.0.6, 2.1.x, 2.2.x

mark@jtsv16.jtsv16.jts.com (mark booker) (03/28/90)

I am looking for a copy of 'compress' for the above mentioned versions.
The 'compress' that came with 2.3.2 for our 386 based machines works
just great but, it is, of course, no good for our 286 based machines.

Thanks in advance.

mark

Mark B. Booker                        |  mark@jtsv16.jts.com
J.T.S. Computer Systems Ltd.          |  uunet!jtsv16!mark
Toronto 416-665-8910 FAX 665-8258     |  ...![sun!]suncan!jtsv16!mark

jpr@dasys1.uucp (Jean-Pierre Radley) (04/14/90)

In article <MARK.90Mar28093752@jtsv16.jtsv16.jts.com> mark@jtsv16.jtsv16.jts.com (mark booker) writes:
>I am looking for a copy of 'compress' for the above mentioned versions.
>The 'compress' that came with 2.3.2 for our 386 based machines works
>just great but, it is, of course, no good for our 286 based machines.

On the UNIXFORUM in CompuServe, in LIB 3, are sources for version 4.3d of
compress. It has compiled on many different *nix platforms, as well as on
DOS. In fact .EXE versions exist in the UNIXFORUM LIBs as well.

If you haven't CIS access, yell back by email, I'll try to help out.
--
Jean-Pierre Radley					      jpr@jpradley.uucp
New York, NY					      72160.1341@compuserve.com