[comp.unix.xenix] uusched error

jbayer@ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) (05/02/90)

kmcvay@oneb.UUCP (Ken McVay) writes:

>Cron runs /usr/lib/uucp/uudemon.hour every 50 minutes. Lately, it's been
>leaving core behind in /usr/spool/uucp, along with LCK.S.0 every time it
>runs.

>The file itself (uudemon.hour) calls /usr/lib/uucp/uusched and /usr/lib/uucp/uuxqt. When I run uuxqt from the command line, I don't have a problem, but when
>I run uusched it results in "14757 - Memory fault - core dumped" - since the
>number changes, I assume it's associated with the process. Testing
>with

The file /usr/lib/uucp/uusched has a bug.  There is a fix for it from SCO
(I don't have the number, but another article mentions it), or you can
simply copy the uusched program from an earlier version of Xenix to
solve the problem.

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer		Intelligent Software Products, Inc.
(201) 245-5922		500 Oakwood Ave.

danielw@wyn386.mi.org (Daniel Wynalda) (05/02/90)

In article <3953@thebes.Thalatta.COM> campbell@Thalatta.COM (Bill Campbell) writes:
>There is a Support Level Supplement (sls) available that fixes this problem.

It is possible that someone (at SCO?) would be willing to occasionally post
the file listing from sosco to this newsgroup?  I've seen it come across
before and it is always helpful to key me on problems I may not have noticed
or that may come up with a future installation.....

I know I can always call and download the file again, but I don't know when
the updates are actually put on the machine....  Good idea? Bad one?

			Daniel Wynalda
--
Daniel Wynalda       | Telephone: (616) 866-1561 X22            Ham: N8KUD
Wynalda Litho Inc.   | danielw@wyn386.mi.org  Get government off our backs.

rob@lafayet.Lafayette.LA.US (Rob Freyder) (05/02/90)

In article <15@oneb.UUCP> kmcvay@oneb.UUCP (Ken McVay) writes:
>Cron runs /usr/lib/uucp/uudemon.hour every 50 minutes. Lately, it's been
>leaving core behind in /usr/spool/uucp, along with LCK.S.0 every time it
>runs.
>I run uusched it results in "14757 - Memory fault - core dumped" - since the

You didnt mention what version of Xenix you were running.  There is a
known bug in SCO Xenix 386 2.3.2 uusched.  It crashes.  The fix is to use
the 2.3.1 uusched binary.  I had the same problem and that was the solution
that SCO provided.  It does the job.

--
Rob Freyder                                  Western Atlas International
____    ____     ____                        Core Laboratories