[comp.unix.xenix] Big disks

david@llustig.uucp (David Schachter) (05/06/90)

A few months ago a thread appeared on problems with big disk on XENIX.  As I
recall, the thread started with someone having problems getting XENIX to
recognize the entire disk.  Well, I just ordered a big disk, figuring it will
be useful when I "upgrade" to UNIX.  Anyone recall the problem and the
solution, if any?

					-- David Schachter
					   llustig!david@mips.com
					   ...!uunet!mips!llustig!david
					   david@llustig.UUCP (MAYBE)

					   +1 415 328 7425
					   Palo Alto, California, USA
--
					-- David Schachter
					   llustig!david@mips.com

fred@cdin-1.UUCP (Fred Rump) (05/08/90)

In article <1990May5.195929.15116@llustig.uucp> david@llustig.uucp (David Schachter) writes:
>A few months ago a thread appeared on problems with big disk on XENIX.  As I
>recall, the thread started with someone having problems getting XENIX to
>recognize the entire disk.  Well, I just ordered a big disk, figuring it will
>be useful when I "upgrade" to UNIX.  Anyone recall the problem and the
>solution, if any?

Yupp, it started out here. We finally went with DPT cache controller. Worked
the first time and all is well. We have 1.2 gig on the box I'm writing from.
If you really want to know all the details mail me.
fred

--
Fred Rump              | UUCP:  {uunet bpa dsinc}!cdin-1!fred
CompuData, Inc.        | "Beware of cats for they are subtle and will .... on