[comp.unix.xenix] RN for Xenix...

jpr@dasys1.uucp (Jean-Pierre Radley) (05/26/90)

In article <264f9e02.58d5@petunia.CalPoly.EDU> tlarson@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Ted E. Bear) writes:
>              I recently obtained the rn source.  It comes with a
>pretty neat configure shell script, but one problem.  It doesn't
>work under SCO Xenix 386.  After deliberating over the script for
>a while I decided I don't know enough about shell scripts to make
>it run.  Has anyone sucessfully made this configuration utility run
>under SCO Xenix 386?  If so, I would appreciate the specifics of the
>patch you applied to do so.

What doesn't run, rn, or the configuration script?

If it's the latter, and it starts out with "#!/bin/sh", that mechanism
doesn't work on SCO Xenix. Instead of trying to execute the configure
script directly, do "sh configure" instead.
--
Jean-Pierre Radley					      jpr@jpradley.uucp
New York, NY					      72160.1341@compuserve.com