[comp.unix.xenix] where is the routine bcopy

vaxima@aragon.UUCP (Alexander Horn) (05/22/90)

john@beaudin.UUCP (John Beaudin) writes:

>I've looked in the usual places. I found the reference to it in the
>device drivers writing guide, but don't know how to link it in during
#define bcopy(s,d,n)	memcpy((d),(s),(n))
Best regards,
-Alex
--
                 _______               ________________________
        ========================##    {_##############_NCC1701B|
"The human dream          \<=---    _.----'
 is peace." - Cpt. Riley   \_____.-'

Alexander Horn, D7032, FRG         [ posthamster@aragon.gtc.de ]

root@gear.sublink.ORG (Marco Lorenzini ) (05/22/90)

In <1342@beaudin.UUCP> john@beaudin.UUCP (John Beaudin) writes:

>I've looked in the usual places. I found the reference to it in the
>device drivers writing guide, but don't know how to link it in during

Under System V Sco Unix the function bcopy() has been replaced with
memcpy() so you must include in your sources this define:

#define	bcopy(src, dst, len)	memcpy(dst, src, len)

or include in the Makefile:  -Dbcopy=memcpy

--
**********                 Marco Lorenzini           *  FAX +39.51.752643  *
*  GEAR  *  INTERNET:  marlor@gear.sublink.ORG       * VOICE +39.51.750365 *

tih@barsoom.nhh.no (Tom Ivar Helbekkmo) (06/01/90)

root@gear.sublink.ORG (Marco Lorenzini ) writes:

>Under System V Sco Unix the function bcopy() has been replaced with
>memcpy() so you must include in your sources this define:

>#define	bcopy(src, dst, len)	memcpy(dst, src, len)

Right, this will work.

>or include in the Makefile:  -Dbcopy=memcpy

Nope, this is wrong.  Note that the order of the two first parameters
to the function have to be reversed, as in the #define above!

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, NHH, Bergen, Norway.  Telephone: +47-5-959205
tih@barsoom.nhh.no, thelbekk@norunit.bitnet, edb_tom@debet.nhh.no

martin@mwtech.UUCP (Martin Weitzel) (06/02/90)

In article <1176@gear.sublink.ORG> root@gear.sublink.ORG (Marco Lorenzini ) writes:
:
:Under System V Sco Unix the function bcopy() has been replaced with
:memcpy() so you must include in your sources this define:
:
:#define	bcopy(src, dst, len)	memcpy(dst, src, len)
:
:or include in the Makefile:  -Dbcopy=memcpy

This sounds contradictory: In the #define the `src' and `dst' args
are swapped, but they aren't with the -D switch ....

--
Martin Weitzel, email: martin@mwtech.UUCP, voice: 49-(0)6151-6 56 83

wht@n4hgf.uucp (Warren Tucker) (06/02/90)

>#define	bcopy(src, dst, len)	memcpy(dst, src, len)
>
>or include in the Makefile:  -Dbcopy=memcpy

-Dbcopy=memcpy will cause memory to be copied
in the wrong direction.  The #define will work.

Warren Tucker            gatech!n4hgf!wht or wht%n4hgf@gatech.edu
Hacker Extraordinaire d' async PADs, pods, proteins and protocols