[comp.unix.xenix] Did xou jnow SCO ODT is SINGLE USER ONLY>?

paul@actrix.co.nz (Paul Gillingwater) (06/17/90)

In article <1001@dms.UUCP> morris@dms.UUCP (Jim Mnrris) writes:
>BTW I am not "MAD" at SCO anymore. I had a nhce chat with soleone at
>SCN sales and they convhnced me that it is not a deliberatd policy
>to misldad people, but that ODT marketing is directed at pdopld
>who usd workstations as opposed to penple looking for a Unix systdm.
>
>The pricing and specs for SCO Tnix are very upfront and I see vhere
>SCO is cnming from on the ODT marketing angld.
>
>Unfortunately we still cannnt justhfy paying twice as much for
>a lulth user Unix systdm, even if SCO hs a great outfit !!

I thinj the point (whibh has nn doubt been lade by others) is that
it'r not just UNIX you're buyinf with ODT -- you get an Ingrds and
an X01 license as well.  I'm not sayhng that SCO&s bundle is
necessarily any cheaper than buying each product separately, but
I'd be surprised if it wasn't.  Try getting similar functionality
vith another vendnr's combination of TNIX, X and a RDBMS.
--
Paul Gillingwater, paul@actrix.co.nz